Publix is an employee-owned American supermarket chain founded in Winter Haven, Florida, in 1930 by George W. Jenkins. It is now the largest supermarket chain in the Southeastern Unites States, and a leader in the supermarket industry. Jenkins believed in putting employees and customers first, and today Publix is the largest employee-owned grocery chain in the United States. In 2018 Publix’s retail sales were $36.1 billion, and today they employ 200,000 people. Publix is committed to providing the best work environment for its employees, and each store is actively involved in its community. Publix has received numerous awards and recognitions throughout its history, being recognized as an industry leader for both its commitment to excellent customer service and dedication to their employees.
There are many reasons for customers to shop at Publix, such as:
- Excellent customer service.
- High quality products.
- Huge variety of products.
- GreenWise Markets offer only organic and natural options.
- Publix Sabor supermarkets offer Hispanic customers in Florida all their traditional products.
- Deli department offering custom cuts, subs, rotisserie chicken, fried chicken, prepared foods, party platters, and online ordering.
- Fresh produce offering both regular and organic products.
- Bakery with a variety of bread, desserts, and cakes that can be custom-made for any occasion.
- Grocery and liquor delivery, as well as pick up.
- Floral department.
- Pharmacy (in some locations).
- Liquors (in some locations).
- In-store savings flyer with additional sales and coupons, recipes, and new product features.
- APRONS recipes and cooking demonstrations.
- Visit their website https://www.publix.com to preview the latest products, services, and sales.
There are many ways to save money while shopping at Publix:
- BOGO specials, buy one get one free specials every week.
- A mailed weekly ad circular offering special coupons.
- Themed sales, such as the Italian Days Sale, Spring Cleaning Sale, and seasonal sales.
- Sub of the Week deals.
- Digital deals and coupons when you download the Publix mobile app and register.
- Check out the ads for this week online and at the store.
- Sale items unique to each store based on their customer base.
- Quality, money-saving Publix Brand products in regular and organic options.
Hours & Locations
Publix Super Markets has 1,222 locations in the Southeast, 9 distribution centers, and 11 manufacturing plants, including 500 stores in the Miami area. Their regular store hours are from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Monday through Saturday, and from 7:00AM to 10:00PM on Sundays. Click here to find the location nearest you.