Rent-A-Center is an American rental company specializing in home furnishings and electronics. It was founded in the 1960s by Ernie Talley in Wichita, Kansas, with the purpose of offering quality home products to hardworking individuals with no credit. Today, Rent-A-Center offers new or semi-new rental or rent-to-own furniture, electronics, appliances, computers, and smart phones with no credit needed and easy payments. Here is how it works.
Why shop at Rent-A-Center
There are many reasons why shoppers like to shop at Rent-A-Center, such as:
- No credit needed.
- A large selection of new, or almost new, furniture for every area of the home.
- The latest electronic gadgets and computers.
- Reliable quality appliances.
- The same fixed weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly amount avoiding credit card interest rates.
- No long-term contract; the service stops when you own the products or when you return them.
- Pay off early with no penalty.
- Use newer products and update or adapt your home to your current needs.
- The best brands for any budget.
- Furniture for living room, dining room, and bedrooms from quality brands, such as Ashley, in the latest colors and finishes.
- The newest quality appliances from brands such as Whirlpool, Maytag, and Amana.
- Computers and laptops from ASUS, Dell, and HP.
- Home electronics including TVs, home audio and theatre equipment, and the newest models of video game consoles and portable video game players.
- Samsung Galaxy smartphones with the most up-to-date technology.
- Convenient pay online service.
- Free same-day delivery.
- A generous return policy that allows customers to return items anytime, no questions asked.
- Front & Center blog with design ideas for products available at Rent-A-Center.
- Mobile App for easy account and product management.
- To see the complete catalogue of products and a price list visit their website
Although known for their low prices already, there are many other ways for shoppers to save at Rent-A-Center, such as:
- Get one week off when you enroll in autopay.
- Closeout Corner online with one-time specials.
- In-store and online deals and coupons.
- TV ads with special deals, and sales.
Hours and locations
There are 3050 Rent-A-Center locations in the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Most stores are open from 10:00AM to 7:00PM Monday through Friday, and 9:00AM to 6:00PM on Saturday. Click here to find the Rent-A-Center nearest you.