PETCO began in the 1960s as UPCO, a mail-order veterinary supplies business in San Diego, California. In 2010, the Petco Foundation created the first National Pet Food Bank. In 2018, Petco made a commitment to not sell any pet food with artificial ingredients by May of 2019, and partnered with JustFoodForDogs to create human-grade pet food. It also expanded its Canadian presence by creating a partnership with Canadian Tire. Today, Petco’s commitment to improving the lives of pets and their owners continues by implementing strict nutrition standards in their products, and continuing to educate pet owners about the proper care of their pets.
Petco offers a one-stop source for pets and their owners with products and services such as:
• Specialized products and food for various types of pets, including: dog, cat, fish, small pet, birds, and reptiles.
• Pharmacy with both prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as natural remedies.
• Recognized brands such as Science Diet, Natural Balance, and Royal Canin.
• Grooming and self-wash services.
• Veterinary care at many locations.
• Pet adoption events through the Petco Foundation.
• Pet sitting and walking services through Rover.
• Dog training.
• PupBox monthly delivery service bringing treats, training guides, toys, and accessories for puppies.
• Pet insurance through PetInsuranceQuotes.com.
• Repeat delivery scheduling to ensure that your pet never runs out of food.
• More than 1400 locations throughout the US, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
• Visit their website www.petco.com for the latest local sale ad.
Petco offers customers many ways to save money through the use of advertisement ads in printed and online media, specific local ads, as well as sales and rewards programs. Some of their special sales and deals include:
• Pet-specific sales.
• “Summer Spa Package” deals.
• “Black Friday” and “Black Friday in July” specials.
• 20% off when you buy online and pick up in store.
• 30% savings on your first repeat delivery order.
• Free standard shipping on purchases over $49.
• $25 off first dog sitting or walking services by Rover.
• Pals Rewards program which includes a monthly flyer with in-store coupons.
Locations & Hours
PETCO is open from 9AM to 9PM Monday through Saturday, and 10AM to 7PM on Sundays. To find the location nearest you click here.